The Macomb County Chamber celebrated Dobrusin Law Firm managing partner Kristen Pursley and 11 other notable women in leadership nominated for the 2020 ATHENA Award. Kristen’s selection among the group of finalists is a testament to her initiative and dedication to excellence.
Founded in 1982, ATHENA InternationalTM supports, honors, and develops women leaders. Each year, chambers of commerce, women’s organizations, and universities present the ATHENA Leadership Award to a woman or man who has achieved the highest level of professional excellence, contributes time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community, and actively assists others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential. Over its nearly 30-year history, more than 7,000 leaders have been recognized.
The Macomb Foundation has presented the ATHENA Award annually since 1999. This year, the sold-out ceremony was held outside to ensure the health and safety of everyone who attended, including Kristen and the other finalists:
- Kathy Crockett – Managing Director, UHY Advisors
- Cvetana Cindy Golusin – CEO, Silver Pine Medical Group
- Drema Isaac – CEO, FreeStar Financial Credit Union
- Tonya McNeal-Weary – Founder & Managing Director, IBS Global Consulting
- Martha Moceri – Property Manager, Manors at Knollwood/Moceri Management
- Karla Orlando – Business Development Officer, Huntington National Bank
- Liza Parkinson – President, Utica Education Association
- Patricia Shall – President, Creative Benefits & Insurance Solutions
- Monique Stanton – President & CEO, CARE of Southeastern Michigan
- Karen Wood – CEO, MyCare Health Center
- Jill Yore – Director of Faith & Community Health, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Besides leading the Dobrusin Law Firm, Kristen handles patent and intellectual property matters for clients that include tier-one automotive suppliers, medical diagnostic and device manufacturers, and consumer product and packaging producers.