Prior to purchasing or licensing technology, or acquiring a business in which technology is an important component of the value, it is important to understand the underlying value and validity of the Intellectual Property (IP) rights.
The Dobrusin Law Firm’s lawyers have experience performing due diligence in a wide range of Intellectual Property contexts.
Our IP due diligence services include:
- Reviewing and rendering opinions on the Intellectual Property portfolios of a target business
- Reviewing and rendering opinions on Intellectual Property subject to a license or proposed license
- Analyzing patents prior to filing a lawsuit for validity and risks related to enforcing patents
- Reviewing IP portfolios in preparation for entering into a government-supported research program
- Reviewing IP portfolios in preparation for licensing or entering into collaborative research with other parties
- Providing advice on how to reduce the risk of loss of technology under a research agreement with another party