Rebecca Wilson brings a high level of determination to the practice of law and the trademark and copyright matters she handles for her clients.
While pursuing her undergraduate, MBA, and Juris Doctor degrees, Becky worked full-time for a Tier 1 automotive supplier in manufacturing (yes, she worked on the line), front office, and other roles – a testament to her personal and professional drive. While attending law school, she served as a liaison with The Dobrusin Law Firm, which continues to represent the company as a client. Becky not only gained insight into various aspects of the supplier operations, but also learned firsthand the extent to which an organization must protecting its ideas, brands, and other intellectual property assets.
Becky’s awareness and appreciation of a business’s needs and goals are what helps her to better understand and serve her clients today. She is committed to helping them succeed and is determined to help them every step of the way.
Becky devotes her practice to copyright protection and the prosecution of trademarks from inception to registration. Litigation is often a costly and time-consuming endeavor – sometimes unnecessarily – so she seeks to settle potential issues for her clients prior to that point, though she is prepared to aggressively pursue clients’ right in the courtroom if an agreement cannot be reached.
Additionally, Becky counsels clients regarding new business branding, and is open and honest every step of the way. It’s her job to understand the effort that goes into creating a brand, and she’s determined to work with her clients to protect their investment.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Juris Doctor, 2005
- University of Detroit Mercy
- Master of Business Administration, 2002
- Detroit College of Business
- Bachelor of Business Management, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly™ Women in the Law, 2019
- Michigan Top Lawyers, 2015 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Jingle Bell Run & Walk for Arthritis, Planning Committee
- A Beautiful Me (assisting young ladies and women with confidence-building activities)