Jenny Lee is an intellectual property law counselor and strategic advisor. She counsels clients on all areas of IP law and strategy, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights, and she prosecutes, registers, and enforces domestic and international IP portfolios. With a background in complex litigation, Jenny is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in California and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. She has handled numerous multi-million-dollar complex business disputes involving various technologies for Fortune 500 companies and start-up businesses.
Jenny’s legal and business acumen centers around providing comprehensive IP advice to companies of all sizes and being involved at every stage of the business life cycle. She is frequently retained by emerging and middle-market companies to handle all their IP legal issues. Her background in both litigation and transactional IP law and practice, supported by her extensive education in science and passion for technological advancement, allows Jenny to provide bigger picture solutions to the challenges businesses face in owning, monetizing, and safeguarding their intangible assets at the regional, national, and international levels.
Jenny is well-versed in the legal and technological details of complex IP prosecution, infringement, and freedom-to-operate issues. Her honed skill across many IP disciplines gives her a more advantageous point of view about the examination process and when advising on the risks and advantages of her client’s day-to-day commercial and IP portfolio development decisions. Appreciated by clients for her candor and straightforward communication style regarding legal costs and the realization of value, Jenny offers productive solutions that maximize her clients’ bottom lines and ROIs.
Jenny thrives on learning new technologies at an accelerated pace and working with inventors to safeguard their distinct innovations. For those professionals she serves who are not tech-oriented, Jenny can adapt to any level of sophistication – a skill she cultivated serving on litigation teams earlier in her career and where she learned to gauge whether to simplify information or go into detail based on her audience. Outside of the office, Jenny mentors a high school robotics team of students who are creativity enthusiasts.
Notably, Jenny is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Law
- California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor, 1991
- University of California, Irvine, California
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science, 1988
- Author, “Lesions of Entorhinal Cortex Produce a Calpain-Mediated Degradation of Brain Spectrin in Dentate Gyrus,” 459 Brain Research 226-232, 1988
- “Voices of America: Antidiscrimination, Law, and a Jurisprudence for the Last Reconstruction,” Yale Law Journal (100 Yale L.J. 1329-1407), 1991
- “How to Protect Your Intellectual Property,” ChaRM (Challenges in Regenerative Medicine) Conference in Toronto, Canada, 2005