DANIEL P. ALEKSYNAS gained admission to the State Bar of Michigan and the Federal District Court in the Western District of Michigan in June 2008 and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Aleksynas graduated in 2002 from Western Michigan University College of Engineering with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Pulp and Paper Engineering and received a Juris Doctorate degree cum laude from Thomas M. Cooley School of Law in January 2008.
Daniel has extensive experience prosecuting patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as well as prosecuting patent applications filed internationally. His practice has a particular emphasis on automotive and medical devices. He represents a broad range of clients from startup companies that are beginning to develop their Intellectual Property to companies that have a well-established Intellectual Portfolio.
Daniel served as a Judge at the Internal Patent Drafting Competition held at the Detroit Patent Office in February 2017, and gave a presentation at the Detroit Patent Office entitled “Why Search?” Daniel was an author in the Lexis Practice Advisor Journal, Special Edition 2016, “Attorney Cloud Computing for Technology Clients: A patent and Trade Secret Perspective.” Daniel is a graduate of class 27 of Leadership Oakland.
Areas of Practice
- Automotive and Medical Devices
- Michigan, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. cum laude – 2008
- Western Michigan University College of Engineering
- B.S. – 2002
- Major: Pulp and Paper Engineering
- Co-authored with Eric Dobrusin, Ronald Krasnow and Kristen Pursley “Intellectual Property Culture: Strategy and Compliance.”
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- SuperLawyers® Rising Star (Michigan), 2017-18
- Lawyers of Distinction in 2016
- Michigan Top Lawyers in 2015-16
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan Intellectual Property Law Section, Council Member, 2017 – Present
- Intellectual Property Organization’s Patent Search Committee, 2012 – Present
- Michigan Intellectual Property Inn of Court, 2012 – Present